Post 3, FAVOURITE ARTIST
Hi!
Today I'm going to write about one special artist for me. I believe that don't have one favorite artist, but I really liked the work of Ana Mendieta. She was a Cuba American artist and her work has been connected with trends such as Land Art, Body art and performance.
Ana Mendieta was born in Habana, Cuba in November 1948. But when she had 12 years old was sent to the USA through "Operation Peter Pan" as a "political refugee". She had confronted to be one Latin woman exiled in the USA, and this marks her life and work.
Her work longest is “Siluetas”. Development between 1973 and 1980 in Iowa and México. With this work, she produces one connection between landscape and the female body.
She made the figure of her body in the landscape with different things such as flowers, moss or fire.
I like this, the form that she creates one mark in the landscape. Like a form that says "I exist", like don't import that happened, she was here and exist one track in the landscape that proves.

I think the work of Ana Mendieta is amazing! I really liked how she uses the natural elements to create her work.
ResponderBorrarI like so much the work "siluetas" because it's so interesting how she uses the material for created beautiful images that interact with the landscape
ResponderBorrarI liked Ana Mendieta when I knew about her work Silueta, and the meaning is simply both existential and emotional. A beautiful work.
ResponderBorrarI think when an artist uses his own body. generates more strength in the work !
ResponderBorrar